Sunday 20 November 2016

Assignment #2: Data Update 3

Hello,
In my last Data Update, I used Datawrapper to show how mobile phone use in Botswana has far outpaced Canada's in the last ten years.This will constitute the central point of my final report.



As you see, Botswana overtook Canada in 2007, then continued to grow at a fast rate. I will explain the reasons in my final report.

One question that I cannot answer with my data is:
How does mobile cellular subscription compare to fixed-telephone subscription for Botswana and Canada?

The type of dataset to help me answer this question will show the number of fixed-telephone subscribers (per 100 people) in Botswana and Canada. I will be getting the data from the International Telecommunication Union(ITU) (see fixed-telephone subscriptions).

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charles, Your datawrapper visual is succinct, and clear in illustrating your point and your question can be answered by the link you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi charles, your datawrapper shows a very clear idea about the difference between Botswana and Canada. the data has a very visible gap and i could understand your opening sentense based on the gap& data your give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is straightforward and easy to read. The question you cant answer is also a good one. this is a clear dataset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you've choSen a line chart to display this data. The wide angle of the line's arc really speaks volumes about how the two sets of data really differ. The data is also fairly recent so that is also a plus.

    ReplyDelete